Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cigarette smuggling, chickin yells and watch your bag!!!

Ieps,


I find myself waking up on the train heading for Sofia. What a mess!
This train looks like it was ready for the junkyard back in the eighties... But what an amazing journey... People screaming, someone tapping the walls with a hammer, occasionally somebody peeping into our cabin to see if we're sleeping and if there's something to steal :p...


Either a cock or some retard imitating one(as my Holland friend so laconically put it), then miaaauws and all the such, getting stamps again from the Serbians, cigarette smuggling, asking me for my firestaff to get the smuggled cigarettes from within the ceiling of the train... Old school!
The Eastern European woman look as if they came straight out of the eighties.. lots and lots of cigarette smuggle fjuw...



The landscape is very beautiful though and it seems striking that this is EU territory. It's cold this morning and I'm getting close to Turkey, I look forward to it.
me :p

I spend my whole day yesterday hanging out with the Italian girl I met at the hostel. I had told the boss of the hostel how I played in the streets for some money, and he told me to go do it in Belgrade that it would be good weather that day and I would do good. Lisa asked me if she could join me with her poi. She was an amazing girl and very friendly, so why would I refuse..



We walked up to the mainstreet and started playing, and from the first seconds we hit it off well, good energy, fun times, and lots of banknotes came in... People seemed to like our act and who ever said a banjo and poi don't work well together :p.
After an hour or so of playing we counted the large number of bankbills in our hat and calculated how much it was worth; 4 or 5 euro something hahahaha... awesome!!
We had some good times meeting local people and chatting, I had some burek and then we continued on for another hour or so... then we got tired and had warm red wine... awesome.

It was really great to have somebody to hang with again, it makes travelling different more real and enjoyable. Though I must say I like to have my solo moments.
But these short and intense meetings with good deep conversation and healthy laughter, coming and going so fast, hello goodbye, same old, yet ever new... so special and unique, every time.

Anyway we went for another walk and a restaurant in the bohemian quarter, not expensive but I still regret it. Not the experience, it was cool being in a real restaurant again, but the food was so greasy, even the soup, it kept me up half of the night feeling sick, and then I had meat again too Ay. Own damn fault you say?

Anyway went to trainstation, got onto this crappy train, net a nice guy from Holland, student engineering, had girlfriend here, was here for school. Hung out on train and enjoyed the humorous situation on this nighttrain... what a ride!

Talk to ya'll soon..............x

steven

No comments: